ENGLISH LESSON PLAN
Topic: Traffic rules.
Age: 5-6 years old.
School: Eduplay Garden kindergaten.
Number of the children: 10-12 children.
Time: 40-45 minutes.
Teaching date: 29/03/2018
I. Aims and objectives:
– Review the words of traffic rules: crosswalk, pavement, helmet, seatbelt, traffic light and learn how to use the words.
+ I walk on the pavement and cross on the crosswalk (when walking).
+ I wear helmet when I get on a bike.
+ I sit nicely in a car and fasten my seatbelt.
+ I stop at red light and wait. I can go when the light is green.
– The children remember some words: crosswalk, pavement, helmet, traffic light, seatbelt.
– The children understand how to use the words.
– The children can pronounce the word clearly (crosswalk, pavement, helmet, traffic light, seatbelt) correctly, confidently and naturally.
– The children can listen and understand what teacher say, and follow teacher’s request.
– The children can take part in the activities.
– The children join the lesson happily, actively.
a) Space, place:
– On the playground: clean
– Draw 2 intersections
b) Visual aids:
– Flashcard: crosswalk, pavement, helmet, traffic light, seatbelt.
– Toy cars, tricycles, traffic signs, helmet, police officer costomes, traffic light costumes.
– Act 1: Review vocabularies
– Act 2: Review structures.
– Act 3: Practice with game “Role play”
|Teacher’s activities||Children’s activities|
|Warm up (5- 10 minutes)||– Greeting and warm up: + Good morning children! + How do you feel today? Why? + How is the weather today? – Song: The children sing and dance the song “Tranportations song”. + Stands up! Let’s sing a song: Tranportationsong.||Good moring teacherChildren answerChildren sing a song|
|Content ( 30 minutes)||Act 1: Review old vocabularies. – Teacher show 5 pictures: crosswalk, pavement, helmet, traffic lights, seatbelt and then ask children. +What is it? It is a crosswalk. + What is it? It is a pavement + What is it? It is a helmet + What is it? It is a traffic light + What is it? It is a seatbelt – Teacher divides children into 2 teams, each team has 1 set of flashcard. – Teacher says a certain word, the 2 teams have to find that card, raise it up and say “It’s a…..” – The team raising the card first gets 1 star. The team raising and saying sentence gets 2 star. Act 2: Review the structures. – Teacher prepare 2 intersections on the ground. – Teacher do 1 action, children guess. – Invite some children to do the others, the other childrens guess. Action 1: walk on pavement.Action 2: walk on crosswalk.Action 3: wear helmet when riding bike.Action 4: fasten seatbelt in the car.Action 5: stop at red light. Act 3: Game “Role play” – I have a game. Do you want to play a game? – Now I will divide class into 3 teams: + Team 1: 3 – 4 children will be traffic light and police officers + Team 2: 3 – 4 children will drive vehicles + Team 3: 3 – 4 children will walk – The 3 teams have to follow traffic rules. – The best team will be awarded. + Discuss with teams about rules: “Where do you walk?” “What do you have to do when you riding bicycle/ motobike?” “What do you have to do when you are the police?” – And then children play freely. When children play, the teacher observes, encourages kids to speak english.||Children answer Children answer Children do action Children play game Children answer|
|Consolidation (5 minutes)||+ Sing a song “ Tranportation song” + Today we learn very well. Clap your hands! + Goodbye children.||Goodbye teacher.|