Age: 4 – 5 years old
Number of the children: 20-23 children
Times: 25-30 minutes
I. Aims and objects
– Introduce the words of review: Olympics games , athletes, basketball, soccer, hockey, badminton, gymnastics, swimming, taekwondo.
– Children remember and use 9 words of review : Olympics games , athletes, basketball, soccer, hockey, badminton, gymnastics, swimming, taekwondo.
– Children know how to use the structure :
+ Where is the…? ; Can you…?
Yes, I can. / No, I can’t
– Children pronounce correctly and follow teacher’s model actions
– Children can make their own sentence with teacher’s support.
– Children are interested in the lesson
a. Space , place
– In the room where is safe, large enough for children to help them feel comfortable
b. Visual aids
– Song : “Can you swim ? ’’
– 9 pictures
– a ball
|Teacher’s activities||Children activities|
|Warm up ( 3-5 minites)||Greeting and warm up – Hello children ! – How are you ? – How is the weather today? – Do you want to sing a song? + Teacher asks children to stand in from of their chair and sing a song “ Can you swim ? ”||– Hello teacher ! – I’m fine, thank you . And you ? – It’s sunny,…|
|Content ( 20-30 minutes )||* ) Activites : -Teacher asks : “ What is this?” -Teacher encourages all of the children to answer the question +It’s soccer / hockey,…… – Student listen and repeat after teacher’s saying +It’s soccer / hockey,…… ( pronounce three times) -Teacher will check and correct the pronunciation -Teacher asks randomly a child +Can you / swim / play hockey/ soccer….? Yes, I can / No, I can’t. -Teacher asks: + Can you swim / soccer/ play hockey…? -Teacher encourages children to answer with the structures “ Yes, I can / No, I can’t ” -Teacher corrects pronunciation *Activity 2: Game Game 1: “ What is missing?” -Do you want to play a game? -Now, we are playing : “What is the missing?’’ – Each chair has 4 pictures : soccer, hockey, basketball, gymnastics – Teacher shows children the rules of the game. + Firstly, teacher asks children to close their eyes + Teacher will hide a picture around the classroom + Secondly, children open their eyes and guess which picture is missing. + Children have a chance to ask and answer with the related to the lesson. “ What is missing? ” => It’s soccer/ hockey,… “ Can you swim…?” => Yes, I can/ No, I can’t Game 2 : “ Throw a ball ” – Do you want to play a game? – The name of the game is “ throw a ball” – The teacher introduce the rules of the game “ Throw a ball ” + Teacher asks“ Where is the soccer ?” – If children throw the ball exactly , they will get a present. – Let the children play this game 4-5 times.|
|–Conclusion ( 2 minutes )||– Sing “ good- bye” song|