ENGLISH LESSON PLAN
Topic : Fruits
Age : 4 – 5 years old
Class of teaching :
Number of children:
Making plan date:
Teaching date :
Aims and objectives :
- Review old words : mango, watermelon, pear and review the structures :
+ What is it ? – It is a mango/ watermelon/ pear
+ Do you like mangoes/ watermelons/ pears? – Yes, I do / No, I don’t
- Teacher helps children to develop some skills : Listening skill, speaking skill.
- Teacher helps children take part in this lesson actively and cheerfully.
2. Objectives :
- Knowledge :
- Children remember and use the words : : mango, watermelon, pear
- The children understand and use the structures :
+ What is it ? – It is a: mango/ watermelon/ pear.
+ Do you like: mangoes/watermelons/ pears – Yes, I do / No, I don’t.
- Children can make fruits salad: put mango, watermelon, pear and jack fruit in the glass and then, add a spoon of coconut, a spoon of milk, a spoon of yoghurt. Then, mix them together.
- Children can pronounce the words correctly, confidently and naturally: : mango, watermelon, pear
- Children have skills to make fruits salad.
- Develop listening skill and speaking skill.
- Children can say and make sentence follow the provided structure
- Attitudes :
- Children are interested in lesson.
- Children take part in the lesson activities actively and cheerfully.
- Preparation :
- Space, place :
- In the classroom.
- The room is clean, open and light enough.
- Visual aids:
- A basket
- Some fruits: mango, watermelon, pear.
- Bowls, spoons, yoghurt, milk, jack fruits, coconut.
- Tools :
- Procedure :
|Teacher’s activities||Children’s activities|
|1Warm up (3 minutes)||– Hello children! – How are you today? – Do you want to sing a song? Turn on the song: “If you are happy”||Hello teacher! I’m good… Yes, I do. I like to sing Sing a song|
|2 Content (14 minutes)||Act 1: Review + I have a gift for you. Do you want to know? + I have some fruits in the basket. + The first one It’s small and yellow. What is this ? It’s a mango + The second one It’s very big, it’s red inside and green outside. What is this? It’s a watermelon The last one , it is pear. Ask the kids to speak all the words Teacher correct for children Act 2: Go shopping Do you want to play a game ?Game “Go shopping”I will be a seller and ms… will be a shopper.I need one boy and one girl to play A: Hello, what do you like ? B: I like mangoes A: 5 dollar. Here you are. B: Thank you. A: ok! Goodbye ! B: Bye ! Act 3: Make salads You have some fruits.. Do you want to make fruits salad? Yes, I do, it’s very delicious. And now, let’s come back your table and look at me. I will teach you to make it.Let’s seeI have a bowl, a spoon, coconut, milk, yoghurt and some pieces of mango, watermelon, pear and jack. I have cut it for you To make fruits salad, I add a spoon of mango (whole class: a spoon of mango), a spoon of watermelon, a spoon of pear, a spoon of jack. I add coconut, milk and yoghurt in the bowl and mix togetherNow, let’s make fruits salad. Teacher divides children into 4 groups and helps children to make it||Guess the words + children answer Children play|
|Wrap up (3 minutes)||Children invite guest to eat salad Children eat salad|